Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Well, here goes nothing...

In my class last night we discussed literacy for the 21st Century and it got me thinking...am I preparing my students for literacy in a global community? I would have to say...NOT EVEN CLOSE!

This really disturbs me. There is so much that students of today need to learn in order to compete for jobs. Who knows what technological changes will come by the time they enter the work force? So, I have decided to start this blog for my classroom. At this moment, I am not sure how to make it work, but I have many people who will support me (including students), so I know I will figure it all out eventually.

Anyone have experience with this? I found an excellent article about getting started and it even discussed potential problems. If I can figure out links, I will link the article on here.

What are you doing to prepare your student or child for literacy in the 21st Century?

http://teachingtoday.glencoe.com/howtoarticles/blog-basics

Here is the NCTE position on 21st Century Literacy:

http://www.ncte.org/positions/statements/21stcentdefinition

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers